It was time well wasted and there's no way I trade a few more things that I could've crossed off my list for a day I'll never forget. No, I didn't get a thing done but I sure soaked up every minute of the memory we were makin'. And I count it all as time well wasted

Sunday

Happy Phagwa! Happy Spring!

Today Canadians sprung forward the clocks so now there is no time difference to Barbados.  Hard to believe I have been here for a full daylight savings rotation.

Today I celebrated Spring at the Hindu festival Phagwa. What a blast!

The Pundit at the Hindu Temple believes that God is everywhere, and thus everyone should be invited to celebrate God with them despite gender, nationality, race, religion.  So our Cultural Studies class and a lot of my international student friends joined them in their celebration today.  They were extremely welcoming.  We ate tons of delicious food, listened to great music, and had a fantastic day!

We all arrived in white clothes, and were quickly COVERED in abeer (powder)


There was dry and wet coloured powder  You couldn't help but smile when you were covered in it.


 
The kids LOVED getting us all colourful!

.... and each other!


"Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty" - Ancient Proverb


I hope your Spring started as joyfully as mine did.  Just over two months until I am back in Canada. Maybe the dye will be out of my skin completely by then.... hopefully!! hahaha!

Happy Phagwa! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment